Southern Snow machine

This section is for machine troubleshooting. Please post your problems or concerns and our staff will try to assist you with it promptly.
Thesnostop

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 pm

I am getting ready to open my shaved ice business for the first time next month and have been practicing with my southern snow machine. I have been having a lot of difficulty getting a snowy texture. It seems like I am getting some pretty icy texture. I just replaced the blades hoping that would help as my machine was a used one that came with a trailer that I purchased. Replacing the blades helped the ice shave quicker and smoother but the consistency didn’t really change. I am using ice that I am making myself with molds that I purchased from southern snow. I am freezing them at -5 to -10 degrees. I have thought about trying to use warmer blocks, maybe 5 to 10 degrees? I have also considered letting the blocks sweat which I have been told you don’t need to do with this machine.

Any help that anyone can provide to a newbie like myself would be much appreciated!!

Thanks