HELP! SWAN SI-100E issues!

This section is for machine troubleshooting. Please post your problems or concerns and our staff will try to assist you with it promptly.
snowiteasy

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:10 pm

I've had my Swan si-100e for a little over a year now with no real issues until now. I've put about 1,500-2000 servings on this machine. I've noticed that it's making a loud sqeaking noise around the shaft whenever I shave and stop shaving. I'm recently the gearbox with the small container of lube that came with the machine but don't know if it was enough. Does anyone know how much lube should be in the gearbox and if I should be putting more in to prevent the shaft from making the loud sqeaking noise? I don't want to damage the machine with any further use. thanks!
joe ollie

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 pm

The tropicalsno people put out a bunch of really good videos about how to work on the Swan. Here is one about what you were asking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvU9aoR_ ... ure=relmfu

I just received my first Swan in the mail from 1800shaveice this week and excited to start breaking it. Let me know what happens just in case the same thing happens to me down the road!