Swan s100 alignment of motor

This section is for machine troubleshooting. Please post your problems or concerns and our staff will try to assist you with it promptly.
Surfnsleep

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Just got the motor repaired and I'm putting it back in, but there is a little give in aligning it. Is it critical to be put in a specific spot? Thanks for any input
IceMan326

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:41 am

SI-100 MOTOR alignment.

I was going to write a discussion on this because awhile ago I had to replace the motor on the SWAN as well. The issue with their motor is the mounting brackets. They are not self align, not only that! You cannot just eye ball it and center the motor. The motor is actually a little off/side ways! The rear left side of the motor has to be shifted far left when you secure the bolt, and the left front and left rear has to be centered before you lock the bolt. You cannot just center all four of the bolts and except it to work. This may sound weird but it's true, if you do not position it correctly. What happens is you will not only wear the gears out quicker, but it will have this loud rattling noise. It's very noticeable.

When I had to do a motor swap. It drove me nuts! As I put it on and lock it tight. It sounds okay running it, but once I put a block on there. The noise comes back again! I had to re-shift the motor and re-test it again. You just have to keep trying to position it till you get it right. All of this took at least 30 minutes to do. Anyone else got pointers on how to install this correctly without any issues? Please do let me know I will be really happy to learn from you. But then again...I don't have a Swan at the moment any more after switching to the Fujimarcas, but always good to learn ;)
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
cajunsno

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:41 am

IceMan326 wrote:SI-100 MOTOR alignment.

The rear left side of the motor has to be shifted far left when you secure the bolt [what bolt?], and the left front and left rear has to be centered before you lock the bolt[same bolt?]. You cannot just center all four of the bolts and except it to work.
Is there one bolt that is kind of the fulcrum of your alightment? Is it the front right bolt that you bolt down, position the motor, then lock it?

Do you position you motor by looking at the work gear or the bolts on the motor?