Snowie's New Block Shaver vs Fujimarca

Click here for topics regarding both block and cube shave ice machines!
capitalist

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:58 pm

I agree with sluggish that placement of the ice block and finding the right size block could be a pain, but you got to understand that you are paying a huge premium for the Snowie block shavers convenience. What I do like about the Snowie is that it is more user friendly and you could put a huge block of ice onto the shaver without worrying about it spinning out. Personally, I don't care much about the shaping cup since it sort of beats out the "art" of making a shave ice. No matter what, the shaping cup can't match the texture consistency of a skilled shave ice maker who does it by hand. I think this may be a issue for people who hand pack since the speed of the Snowie may be too quick for hand packing, even if you remove the molding cup.
IceMan326

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Wow, this debate is still going on :) Yes, I agree. I've seen the Snowie block shavers as well as cube. I think their overall design isn't so bad as well the quality of ice it puts out. But the cost is too high for me, what's worst is the parts, which no one in Hawaii carries, therefore I have resort to ordering it from the mainland. The reason I like Fujimarca so much is simply because I can fix it myself , IF NOT, parts are easily assessable, and most of all it's a lot more affordable. :lol:
I love Shave Ice, period. :D
Snowie

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:39 pm

I would like to add a quick update to this post I did a while back. We have made some serious improvements even since that last post. I didn't go back and read my post, so maybe some of this will be a repeat, but we now have an exposed speed control. This control was hidden before so that managers could control speed and leave it set, however, every block is different, and to get perfect snow you will want to adjust that to each block.

Also, I talked about new pressure flaps. We have completely gotten rid of pre-shaped pressure flaps, we now have an adjustable flap that is controlled by a dial. This is very nice and makes opening and closing the top very easy and you can hold that block as tightly as you like.

Anyway, once again, please let me know if any of you have any further questions,

- Aaron
aaron@snowie.com
801-269-2225
www.snowie.com
Snowie

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 pm

IceMan326 wrote:Wow, this debate is still going on :) Yes, I agree. I've seen the Snowie block shavers as well as cube. I think their overall design isn't so bad as well the quality of ice it puts out. But the cost is too high for me, what's worst is the parts, which no one in Hawaii carries, therefore I have resort to ordering it from the mainland. The reason I like Fujimarca so much is simply because I can fix it myself , IF NOT, parts are easily assessable, and most of all it's a lot more affordable. :lol:

I just wanted to let you know that we do have a distributor in Hawaii and our shavers are very easy to fix and replace parts on. We are always here to walk you through it as well.

Our distributor in Hawaii is Steve Grimm: 808-344-1777

Let me know if you have additional questions or concerns,

- Aaron
aaron@snowie.com
801-268-2225
www.snowie.com
JoseClemo

Thu May 21, 2020 1:03 am

Block new shaver is designed for the approval of the patterns for the field. The sight is fixed for the use of the top professional resume writers for all pictures for the team. The anticipation is rushed for all offers. The dumping authority is articulated for the shaver for men for the cleanliness and neatness of the face for all chips.
pekaxaruve

Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:27 am

Ensure that the property you choose provides a safe and secure living environment. Ask about features like Student housing locks fire safety measures and the neighborhood's safety reputation.
Advika

Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:50 am

The Snowie block shaver has a plastic restraint to secure the ice block, but it can be challenging. If your ice block is slightly oversized, it's frustrating to have to trim it down. My Snoblock ice block maker faces the same problem, unlike the Swan, which doesn't have this issue.
YouTube Vanced