Flower Drip Trays

Click here for questions and answers regarding the many shave ice supplies and accessories that you may use for your home or business!
Brian

Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 pm

ShaveIceSupply wrote:
Brian wrote:
ShaveIce² wrote:Here is your link. Thanks.

http://www.shaveicesupplies.com/shave-i ... 4159bc13a7
I'm a little confused about flower cups versus flower trays. The trays look like cups but you're supposed to put the paper cone in it? What's the point of that? if you want a cone, use a cone, if you want a flower cup, use a flower cup. Can someone explain?
The flower cups/trays comes in 3 different sizes. For the small and medium sizes, you usually put your shave ice directly into the cup. For the large size, it is mainly used as a holder for your paper cup because the large flower tray is too big for most people. There are some customers that put their shave ice directly into the large, but you would be required to use quite a lot of ice and most people cant even finish that size (~12 ounces). The only flower tray is the large size and that is commonly used as a holder for their paper cone cups to prevent spillage.
Sorry but this is confusing because flower cups and flower trays are apparently the same thing, the only difference is the size then right? Once a flower cup reaches 12 oz, it's not a flower "CUP", it becomes a "TRAY". Is that right? And once it becomes a TRAY and not a CUP, then you use a paper insert in it. Am I right?

And one last question, to what extent are Flower CUPS and TRAYS recyclable?
ShaveIceSupply

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 am

Hello Brian, it is indeed a bit confusing but it really depends on how you plan to use it. The reason most people call the large flower "cup" a tray is because most people don't put their shave ice directly in it, unless they plan to make a very huge shave ice, it wouldn't be economically feasible. The large therefore becomes used more as a "tray" where they will put their paper cones inside, it will look like this picture below:
shaveice.JPG
shaveice.JPG (30.56 KiB) Viewed 10966 times
Because most paper cups are quite flimsy and shave ice are easily toppled over, the large tray would make a good value added option for customers that still wants to use paper cups but prefer something around to use as a drip tray.

There are biodegradable versions of the flower cups around, however they only come in clear from. The non-biodegradable versions are marked with recycle symbol 6. Hope this clears it up!
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!
Brian

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Do you guys sell the recylable flower trays/cups? I prefer to stay with you guys.
ShaveIceSupply

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:27 am

Brian wrote:Do you guys sell the recylable flower trays/cups? I prefer to stay with you guys.
Yes Brian, we actually do sell biodegradable cups that is made from corn, however they are only currently specially made for one of our customers here in Hawaii. The bio cups can come in various sizes, however the biggest downfall is that it is clear. Some customers do not like it especially when used with the medium or small because the bottom of the shave ice tends to look very white which means the vendor has to pour extra syrup.

We currently only make the large in biodegradable form for Matsumoto's shave ice because they use a paper cup that has a imprint of their logo on it, the clear bio cup not only acts as an drip tray but also helps show their logo on the cup.
biocupshaveice.jpg
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!
nko

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:00 pm

We use only clear biodegradable cups. Yes they are clear and yes it does look white on the bottom but the syrup will work it's way down. We have decided to use them anyway because it is just that important to have an Earth friendly business whenever possible. We'd have it no other way and shame on those companies that use the styrofoam containers. According to the New York Times: styrofoam "never" breaks down completely. Just my 2 cents worth. I have actually thrown some of our bio cups in my compose pile and sure enough they are gone in about 2 months.
Connie
Brian

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am

Anyone have links to good supplier for biodegradable flower cups?
pster

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 am

I have purchased some items from Hypothermias before and it was a smooth transaction.

http://www.hypothermias.com/biodegradab ... at_46.html
mikejames

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Are we still able to get a sample of the flower cups? I sent a email to Kim about 5 days ago, but have got no response. I want to place a order, but am unsure of what size to go with. Have never seen the flower cups up close. I only want to carry one size but don't know weather to go with the 4oz or 8oz size. We are now using a 8oz foam squat cup.

Thanks Mike