Push carts?

This section will tell you the basics on how to make a good Hawaiian shave ice! Please feel free to ask questions you may have regarding local shave ice and shave ice in general.
TheIceCrusher

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:03 pm

I’m new to the shaved ice business and was thinking about starting on a cart. I plan on working in the San Antonio/ Austin area. I have been doing some research on different types but they are way too expensive. Would it be cheaper to build my own? Has anyone built their own before? I was thinking of using a utility cart as the base and build from there. Im going to talk to all the proper people but I wanted some advice first. Thanks
IceMan326

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:48 am

I always recommend getting the right answers from your local Department of Health/Sanitation or Business licensing and planning if you are to build your own. Spend some time doing the research in what is needed and the over all cost for you to build one vs buying one. Some may even require a contractors license too to do the build out. The last thing you want to do is build everything and during inspection time, you failed to install or implement certain items and need to do a big tear down of your hard work and restart. Getting the proper paper-work and licensing is the key for any business for that matter.

The people who sells the cart at such a steep price is because they went through the process and can guarantee most of the time it will past inspection.

Not only that, you do get warranty with it too. Less headache, most of the time at least if you bought it from a very reputable seller that is.

Good luck!
:D
I love Shave Ice, period. :D