Large event questions.

This section will tell you the basics on how to make a good Hawaiian shave ice! Please feel free to ask questions you may have regarding local shave ice and shave ice in general.
Mr Bleu

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:14 am

I have the opportunity to be the sno cone vendor at an air show. They expect 15,000 people each day. 3 day event. My question is how many sno cones should I expect to sell. I have to start preparing for this. It will be in May so its gonna be hot.
ShaveIceSupply

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:32 am

It depends on how much competition you have and how good your marketing is. If there is competition but you sell a superior product and with good sales, you should get at least 5 % of the foot traffic. If you are the only guy on site that sells shave ice, you can estimate 10 percent of the daily traffic. Of course each fair is different and there is other variables like your location, presentation, etc. For example when we did a fair of around 10,000 people per day, we were able to sell around 400 cups during the weekend. Doesn't seem much but this is considering 70 degree weather with 3 other competitors. At $4.00 a cup that is still $1,600 in income for the day which is not too shabby. On the slower days we sold between 100-200 which covered all of our labor and expenses for the trip by itself.
Providing quality shave ice products in Hawaii and all over the mainland for over 20 years. Visit http://www.shaveicesupplies.com.

For current deals and offerings, visit the promotions and prize giveaway forum at www.shaveiceshaveice.com!